From: Jim Devine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

heck. I don't care about toxicity. It's accuracy that I care about.
Also, communication. Do you think most people in the country would
agree that the US government is "fascist"?

No. But then just a year ago Gallup reported that 78 percent of Americans believe in angels. Americans tend to not see things that do exist and to see things that don't exist -- warning signs of a tenuous grasp of reality. I don't think it does much from a communications standpoint to just go along with the public's state of denial and its fanciful view of America's global benevolence.

Carl

-- Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://myweb.lmu.edu/jdevine