soula avramidis wrote:>Increasing global inequalities are not as bad
to the less fortunate folk as they are put to be. The American model
of fenced rich neighbourhood in the midst of a sea of have-nots that
is being promulgated at an increasing rate around the globe is
creating many jobs in the private security guard sector, ...<

FWIW, it's not just an American model. I saw that model in Mexico and
other poor countries far before the US-led neo-liberal policy
revolution. To some extent, the US (including LA) is becoming more of
a "third world" country. I guess it's an equalization of the rate of
surplus-value -- and societal inequality -- between countries.
JD