At around 25/3/07 11:08 pm, Jim Devine wrote:
> I've done everything -- including buying and installing Registry
> Mechanic -- and the problem remains!

By message do you mean one of those transient pop-up windows? The
problem is probably that Norton's background process is not uninstalled
(when you try to) because it is running. You could bring up Task Manager
(right click on the taskbar and choose Task Manager) and find and kill
the Norton process. Unfortunately, you are going to have to guess its
name. What sort of system are you running? Windows 98? XP? 2000? Vista?
Do you have administrative rights to the computer?

        --ravi