thanks. I've decided to keep calling them "neoliberals." I see
"neoclassical economics" as type of economics and neoliberalism as a
political ideology. The overlap of these two sets is largely what I
call the "Ekon," those crude economists who dominate textbooks and
policy discussions. (Marx would have called them vulgar economists.)

There are neoclassicals who aren't neoliberals (like Sen?) and
neoliberals who aren't neoclassicals (like the Austrian school).

--
Jim Devine / "Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti." (Go your own
way and let people talk.) --  Karl, paraphrasing Dante.