Dear All

[My looong absence was the result of being unable to log into the mail
account that I created solely for the purposes of mail from PEN-L, despite
numerous attempts, including trying to change password etc. However, this
morning when I read an article by Robert Parry, I longed for the
intellectual dialogue that this forum always offered/ offers and was
determined to get in at all costs, which I succeeded in doing!]

Article by Parry:http://www.consortiumnews.com/2007/111207.html

Quote:

"There is no more effective way to short-circuit democracy than to get large
segments of the population to buy into a made-up reality, while keeping
other citizens so uncertain of the truth that they are politically
paralyzed."

Parry's books: books:* Lost History (1999); Secrecy & Privilege (2004); and
Neck Deep (written with sons, Sam and Nat, 2007)<http://www.neckdeepbook.com/>
.

Best regards, and glad to be back!!

Rui