Subject: Re: [pc-newbie] List subscribe forms=>Linux
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 20:15:52 -0800
From: "Bob Noble" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Willie,
Yes, I've heard of the Corel version or Linux and everyone is screaming
about the bad job they did with it on the newsgroups.

The Mandrake version is supposed to be the easiest to install and they
just
came out with version 7.

I now have a good install of Mandrake version 6.1, so I can now proceed
check this version out more thourghly.

Most of the complications come from the software having trouble with
video
cards mostly, but sometimes sound cards and modems can drive you nuts
too.

I was having a video card problem that also raised heck with the mouse
also.

I think on install number six, everything finally came together and
installed properly with no problems.

I admit it's hard for me to work with this when I have a perfectly good
Win98 that will do everything I want it to.

Bob Noble
Home of PC-Newbie list
http://www.sonic.net/bnoble