o-----------ooO--(- Important  Message -)--Ooo------------o
| SAVE BANDWITH, SPACE, TIME & MONEY, REPLY WITH PRUDENCE.|
o----=[ Penguin @ My - Linux ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) ]=----o

Could someone please explain or point me to some good sources about uucp
mailing. I've been reading books and howtos but i just can't seem to grasp
that overall picture to link everything together - uucp, mailing, pop3, PPP,
etc.

Background
----------
I'm trying to set up an e-mail server for my office. We have a uucp account
at JARING. How do i set it up and connect to JARING?

Can i configure into a pop3 mail server, so that i can retrieve the mails
from other workstations in the office, using pop3 clients like eudora, etc.?
That would seem more elegant than telneting into the server to read/write
mails.

If i can't do that, can i use pine as my e-mail system?

Do i connect to JARING using PPP?

Is JARING using CHAT or PAP?

Can i retrieve the mails from JARING using pop3 clients?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

L8R

Jason Tan Boon Teck
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"I do not wish to realise when I die, that I had not lived"
-
Disclaimer : http://users.my-linux.org/disclaimer.html