Hello,

is it possible that Pentax uses 16 bit because of the
new multi exposure feature?
To sum up the 12 bit data without loosing Information,
you need more then 12 bits.
If yes, it could be possible to reduce noise
with multi exposures on static subjects,
this is the same process which is used with
filmscanners during multi pass scanning.

Martin