Hi there,

older Helioses are single-coated.
The quality of those is a lottery, sometimes you can get very good one, but mos of them are average. Or even worse.
As I do collect russian cameras, I have tens of Helios-44 (and versions) lenses. I have found one that's AMAZINGLY sharp and contrasty. The same way I can right now go to my shelf and take one "full crap Helios-44M-4 lens" from there...

BR, Margus

Don Sanderson wrote:

http://www.donsauction.com/PDML/IMGP2572small.jpg

Uncoated(?) Russian HELIOS-44M-4 58/2 lens.
Cost me a whole $14.67 US, shipped from Australia.
Sun in the upper left corner of the frame.
I figured it would flare like crazy, surprise.
Great portrait length on the D.
I think I'll like this thing!

Don