To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, December 25, 2004 9:02 AM
Subject: Firmware update for *istD on the end of january

Hi Sam,

Greetings from Beijing, China. I am a Pentax user of around twenty years
and I regularly read PDML postings although I haven't posted any messages
to the list yet. As an *ist D user, I was intrigued to see your message
regarding the upcoming new firmware in late Jan. 2005. It's interesting to
read that it will address CF card writing speed problems. I use Lexar 32X
and 40X CF cards on my *ist D and I wonder how big the difference is in
writing to card between 1.00 and 1.1x. Personally I have not experienced
any significant difference since upgraded to 1.10 and then 1.11. Is this
problem widely known and discussed before? I have a backup 1.10 firmware
file lying around and if the difference is huge maybe it's worth the
trouble to roll back to 1.00 and test it myself. Just curious. Thanks!

Peter Fang

--
Best regards,
Peter                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]