Make that "a very THIN tool..."

It's probably a Ricoh-P compatible lens.  If so, the lens has a spring loaded contact that will drop into the well that the camera AF shaft sinks into.  You'll need a very thing tool that can be inserted between the lens and the camera at the point where the AF linkage is. You'll then have to work the spring-loaded contact back up into the lens, and then it will twist off.

- MCC