On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 22:13, Ricardo Signes <perl....@rjbs.manxome.org> wrote:
> * Ruslan Zakirov <r...@bestpractical.com> [2012-01-15T10:24:59]
>> On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 19:09, Ricardo Signes <perl....@rjbs.manxome.org>
>> wrote:
>> > I've updated Github's repo with a change to only reject non-ASCII in the
>> > email address, which really is a problem.  My guess is that you were having
>> > a problem with the decoded phrase legally containing non-ASCII.
>>
>> Right guess. Is it legal? I don't think it is legal according to the
>> spec to have non-ascii phrase. As far as I recall it should be encoded
>> with Q/B.
>
> Sure, but people aren't (I hope) passing the mime-header-encoded content to
> ->parse.  That will parse, but give you crap.  They should be passing the
> decoded character string, at which point the non-ASCII phrase is legal.

Good to know this.

> i.e., Email::Address parses the header's decoded character data, not its raw
> encoded data.

May be at some point we should release E::A::Liberal that parses
encoded string to E::A objects. We saw mails where phrase wrapped into
two " (""Ivan Ivanov"" <...>), Q/B used to hide comas and other
characters (Ivanov, Ivan <...> with phrase encoded), probably code and
tests can show more cases.

> I will make a release in a few hours.

Thanks.

--