Hi Meir,

first of all I should note that your mailer mis-formats the text portion of
the E-mail message, which makes it harder to read and follow (along with mis
attributions). Please fix it to follow better netiquette.

On Sunday 08 August 2010 10:32:33 Meir Guttman wrote:
> Dear Shlomi,
>
> As a kind of answer to this question of yours:
> > *  In examples, please use the simplest code possible. Don't force the
> >
> > user to master two other topics before negotiating this one. Please,
> >
> > no advanced constructs such as eval, (unless of course eval is the
> >
> > subject matter.)
>
> > Do you mean string-eval or block-eval?
>

> I can only say that I gave this "eval" example as _my own_ least understood
> part of Perl. (And I never attempted writing an OO packages, so I am sure
> there are even more complex issues waiting for me. :-(). So the short
> answer to your question is "I didn't know what I meant.!"

Hmmm.... there's a world of difference between string-eval and block-eval. I
explain block eval here:

http://perl-begin.org/tutorials/perl-for-newbies/part4/

What string eval does is evaluate and execute the argument as a Perl
expression, so you can construct code at run-time and run it. It can be
dangerous when done carelessly, but it has some valid (although rare) uses.
Also see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eval

> Thanks again Shlomi! You are a great help for me and I am sure to the rest
> of the community out there too.

You're welcome, and I hope so.

> Meir

Regards,