On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 02:27:03PM -0700, Michael G Schwern ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
wrote:
> The way you've broken down the nattier bits of Test::Harness, such as
> _show_results(), into digestable functions has value.  I'd like to see
> that sort of thing as patches to Test::Harness rather than in a fork.

I do NOT want to see that sort of thing as patches to Test::Harness.

I would like anyone who presumes that he's going to change the internals
of a module I maintain to talk to me about a general overview of the
changes first, rather than a sweep of the hand that says "What you have
here must be eradicated and replaced by my method that is clearly
better."  That way we can talk about what direction things can go,
rather than having a pile of patches that won't be used.

But it's bigger than that.

Frankly, Shlomi, I continue to be insulted by your sweeping changes:

  my @projects = (
      "language, Perl," => "Rindolf",
      "learn.perl.org"  => "perlmeme.org",
      "Test::Harness"   => "Test::Shlomif::Harness",
  );
  while ( @projects ) {
      printf "Your %s sucks, and you should all use my new %s instead!\n",
          splice( @projects, 0, 2 );
      print "[oh, and fuck you]\n" if @projects;
      # (Have to print the subtext between the lines)
  }

Your attitude is inappropriate and counteractive for a community-based
open source project like Perl and Perl testing.  The first mention of
this harness was a few weeks ago, when we were notified that you were
going to fork Test::Harness.  Forking a project should be the path of
LAST RESORT, not the first.  See also
http://geeketiquette.infotrope.net/archives/2005/04/19/patches-forks-and-takeovers/

I would be glad to talk to you one-on-one on specific plans and features
for Test::Harness.  Nik Clayton and I, for example, have worked out some
changes to the straps mechanism that fits his needs.  My email address
and AIM account are in every email.  Until then, I'm not interested.

xoxo,
Andy

--
Andy Lester => [EMAIL PROTECTED] => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance