Just because it's a bizarre Perl challenge (and I tend to like those),
I took a hack at what a command line '-MRequires::re::taint" would
need to do in order to force "use re 'taint'" in all modules
subsequently loaded.

I've attached a sample module to do just that and some sample code.
To try it, untar the attachment, cd into the resulting directory, and
run this:

  $ perl -T -I. -MRequire::re::taint taint-test.pl

Type in some filename, e.g. "foo.txt" and hit return to watch it die
of a taint error.

And despite having inserted "use re 'taint'" into wrapper.pm, it even
dies with the correct line number.  :-)

This is so awful that I'm certainly not planning to release it as a
module (I wouldn't want to even pretend to support it) -- or at least
not outside the Acme namespace, but if anyone wants to take it on,
they're welcome to take this code as a starting point.

-- David