On 10/24/06, Ovid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
now it adds boilerplate.t).  I forgot to add to the MANIFEST any of the
tests for the actual functionality :(

I it would be valuable to have a metric which checks to see if any
tests beyond the basics are included.  Of course, this could well be
impossible to check :(

I think characterizing "the basics" as being based on Module::Starter
is a little too module-specific for starters.  Do you want to also
make sure that there are files other than the boilerplate created by
all the other module skeleton modules?  What if someone puts real
tests into a boilerplate file and doesn't rename it.  And how do you
plan to address test.pl?

Moreover, I'm loath to encourage too many (more) of the "file exists" tests.

 $ touch t/foo.t

"Wow, my distribution has more Kwalitee, now".

The examples metric is the same:

$ touch examples/not_really_an_example

That scores the extra point.  And so what?

I'd be much more interested in seeing effort put into things like
checking if detectable prerequisites are listed in the META.yml.

Regards,
David Golden