The last two releases of Test-Simple (0.68 and 0.69) break on perls before
5.8.  The reason is the, seemingly innocent, change to Test::Builder->is_fh()
to use ->isa() instead of UNIVERSAL::isa().  This means things like
UNIVERSAL::isa($non_object, "GLOB") don't work any more.

Its not as bad as it looks in the tests, the situation which breaks is passing
a reference to a tied filehandle to the TB->output methods.  Pretty rare but
it does make the tests puke their guts out. [1]

And I now realize that UNIVERSAL::isa($non_object, "GLOB") is pretty stupid
and I can just check with ref. [2]  Ok, new release coming.

[1]  http://youtube.com/watch?v=_9UlxZfDmoA
[2]  If anyone complains about the flaws in ref I'm going to make them drink
Ipecac.