> >"Here are test reports reporting on failures for these things that
> >we care about you caring about."
>
> Again, this is CPANTS, not CPAN Testers.

Getting failure reports for a module not running on Perl 5.005 is a test
about something I don't care about.  I don't give Shit One if my code
runs on 5.005, and yet, I've had failures for them.

> >"Maybe you should add a co-maintainer."
> >
> >"Your responsibility as an author is to..."
>
> These are not in test reports. They were in this thread. And they're
> suggestions to you. Do what you want with them.

And yet they're encapsulations of this entire problem.  It's unsolicited
advice.  "You should make your code handle 5.005.  You should have
checks for such-and-such a platform."  Who is anyone to say?

> There is far too much bile floating in this thread considering that I
> believe we all have a shared interest in the quality of our code.

That "quality" slider is long and multidirectional.

xoa

--
Andy Lester => [EMAIL PROTECTED] => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance