Barbie wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 02:17:41PM -0700, Michael G Schwern wrote:
>> Ick.  I hope I'm missing something obvious maybe?
>
> The bit where I get flamed. Again. Thanks.

You're welcome. :)

Oh, you're in a hellish spot, I realize.  And it sucks.  Thank you very much
for putting so much work into it.  I realize it's in a transitional period,
and commenting on works-in-progress can be annoying, but I wanted to give an
honest report so the final interface comes out well.

The timing sucks, but hey, failure reports drive development, right? ;)

Where do I send the beer?

> Can you explain how you survived previously when testers would wait
> several days before testing distributions? When you'd get a trickle of
> reports? It wasn't that long ago.

Having no obvious indication that there was a problem, the failure mode from
my POV being silence, I had no idea any of that was happening.  So I was
ignorant (see also: bliss). ;)

If there was some invisible, backend snafu that got fixed, thank you very much.

>> Additionally, I no longer get immediate reports, so I have to wait until the
>> end of the day to fix a problem.
>
> They'll be sent out early morning (~2am) UK time, so should be waiting
> in you inbox first think in the morning.

Ok, I have to wait until the beginning of the next day to fix the problem.

--
Defender of Lexical Encapsulation