* Shawn Boyette ☠ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-09-16 13:30]:
> I wondered this myself. My guess is (1) they're dissociated
> from what I think of as "the Perl community" (which is why i
> tried to stress it in my post on stackoverflow) and (2) google
> for "perl unit testing".

Yes. There are lots and *lots* of people who use Perl but have
never encountered the Perl core community, or never use CPAN, or
don’t even know of CPAN, or don’t even know anything about Perl
that their “How to write CGIs” book didn’t tell them. Many of
them are part of isolated pockets of programmers who use Perl on
the side. Even online there are many isolated forums that have
comparatively little traffic, usually dominated by a few users
who mostly just muddle their way through Perl.

The size of this “dark community” (in the sense of “DarkPAN”) is
enormous.

And I suspected that StackOverflow would be a place where some of
these people, who would never have an inclination to seek out any
Perl-specific places, might go to. Ovid’s observation seems to be
bearing that out.

Hence my call to action for forming a presence there. We want and
need to get the word out.

--
*AUTOLOAD=*_;sub _{s/(.*)::(.*)/print$2,(",$\/"," ")[defined wantarray]/e;$1}
&Just->another->Perl->hack;