On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 12:16 PM, David Golden <xda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 11:25 PM, Gabor Szabo <szab...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What is your suggestion to solve this?
>> Does a request for such feature in Capture::Tiny sound reasonable?
>
> It's reasonable and has been requested before:
>
> https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=60515
>
> I haven't found the tuits to dive back into the mess and implement it.
>  To some extent, I'm trying to keep this "Tiny" and not implement
> every possible variation of capture that people might like.  To
> another extent, I've not decided on an API that I like for doing the
> variations.  (I cringed when I added 'capture_merged').

For now the way I used works. I pushed it out to Github
https://github.com/szabgab/Term-ProgressBar
and sent a mail to Martyn J. Pearce.
I hope he will answer soon, though he has not uploaded
anything for almost a year now.

Regarding the API,

What about something like:
capture {}, {stdout => 'none', stderr => 'capture'};

Where actually => 'capture' is the default and the available values would be
'none', 'tee', 'capture'

regards
   Gabor