Hi,

Here's a quick summary of what was said on irc during this week's status
meeting for the Perl QA Hackathon 2012 (based on the irc logs).

Progress:
- a news item has been created for every sponsors, we plan to use the
  "news" feature more
- several new pages have been added to the wiki:
  + http://2012.qa-hackathon.org/qa2012/wiki?node=Accommodation # stay dates
and room sharing
  + http://2012.qa-hackathon.org/qa2012/wiki?node=Expenses      # travel
expenses
- emails have been sent to the registered attendees (and some tentative ones)
  to update those
- the budget is public, and updated on the web site as we go
  + http://2012.qa-hackathon.org/qa2012/budget.html
- about the budget: even though most of the expenses are estimates
  (so may actually be lower), we are still missing a few
- in summary: we need more sponsors
- if the budget is not balancer, we might end up not refunding everyone,
  or not in full
- elbeho is starting to work on the dinners
- a wiki page about catering has been added too, so that people can
  state any food restriction (diet, allergies)
  + http://2012.qa-hackathon.org/qa2012/wiki?node=Catering
- BooK plans to email all attendees and tentative attendees with the
  a request to fill in all the missing information, and a request
  for help in finding more sponsors
- Paypal account for the French Perl Mongers should be finalized
  over the week-end
- this means we should be able to have a "donate" button soon, to
  request direct support from the community
- daxim suggested we send out a reminder/last call for participation
  2 weeks before end of january deadline, and tells sites such as
  http://perlnews.org/ http://perlbuzz.com/ http://perlweekly.com/
  http://perl.com/ and a blog that syndicated on blogs.perl.org,
  ironman and perlsphere
- daxim suggested to delegate to mdk for the blog part
- we will collect contact information for past hackathon sponsors,
  and contact them to ask if they would like to sponsor another hackathon
- my list includes: LinPro, Digital Craftsmen, netoria and 123people
- dolmen suggested to ask for sponsorship to other Perl monger groups,
  either with money, or by sponsoring someone's travel directly
- BooK wonders if we should send a plea for sponsoring to the pm_groups
  mailing list and others? It might not be well received.
- as a side remark, it would be great if the companies that use perl
  would give back some of the money they saved by not having to pay for
  a Perl license especially for an event like this one, that is targetted
  at improving perl & cpan

  more money to invite them all. The hunt for more sponsors has restarted.
  (please contact us if you know a company that [cw]ould sponsor the hackathon)

Next meeting:
    irc://irc.perl.org/perl-qa
    Thursday January 19th, 13:00 CET (Europe/Paris).

--
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 Mankind is the story of the same mistakes in different places.
                                                 (Moral from Groo #1 (Image))