Hi,

Here's a quick summary of what was said on irc during this week's status
meeting for the Perl QA Hackathon 2012 (based on the irc logs).

Progress:
- we contacted all sponsors from past hackathons, and also started to
  look for other sponsors
- some success already:
  + DuckDuckGo augmented its donation to $1500
  + Dyn sponsors $500
  + Dijkmat sponsors €1000
  + Jaguar Network sponsors €200
- the budget at the time of the meeting was short of about 2500 EUR
- we have started to discuss options in case the budget falls short:
  + sponsor up to a given percentage of the expenses
  + sponsor up to a fixed amount for everyone
  + ask if some people can switch from "sponsored" to "self-funded"
    (i.e. reduce the number of people sponsored)
- we are still waiting for 2-3 sponsors (who gave positive replies,
  but without any figure)
- mdk is also waiting for some sponsors (tpf, lovefilm and net-a-porter)
- mdk asked tpf again if they can sponsor at least rjbs
- mdk pinged net-a-porter again
- the French Perl Mongueurs may increase their donation (possibly at the
  last possible moment, as a "last resort emergency" measure)
- we now have a PayPal "donate" button on the website
- we accept PayPal donations in three currencies: €, $, £
- the "last call for participation" has been sent, and includes a plea
  to the community to use the PayPal donate button
- mdk is going to do a general blog post thanking sponsors and shouting
  for more this weekend
- we have about 35 attendess, with room for 40 at least
- we changed some of the twin bed rooms to "quadruple room" (1 double bed,
  2 single), such diminishing the cost per attendee (we'll put 3 people per
  room)
- BooK plans to mail to the attendees that haven't filled in their info
- he also plans to bug some people we want to have, but haven't registered
  yet
- we have collected some food restrictions on the wiki:
  http://2012.qa-hackathon.org/qa2012/wiki?node=Catering

Since the meeting, a few more things happened:
- Dyn increased its sponsorship from $500 to $2000!
- several people (from Japan) made donations through PayPal
- the budget is now help in three currencies
- BooK requested 3 more twin rooms to be upgrade to quadruple,
  thus hopefully bringing the number of sponsored bed to 23

Next meeting:
    irc://irc.perl.org/perl-qa
    Thursday January 26th, 13:00 CET (Europe/Paris).

--
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 He who marries for money never marries for real.