On 3/14/12 10:30 PM, Michael G Schwern wrote:

> Is it possible you had a pre-existing cover_db directory?

No. Since, to the best of my knowledge, Devel::Cover had never been installed on this machine, I had never tried to run 'cover' on it.

On 3/15/12 9:07 AM, Paul Johnson wrote:

Class::MethodMaker is probably not installed on this machine, and
it's certainly neither installed underneath my home directory nor
used in the testing code or the code being tested.

I was wrong about that. Class::MethodMaker *is* installed on this older (it's still at Perl 5.8.4; Debian Sarge) machine. But I grepped all the hand-rolled Perl modules and couldn't find any use of MethodMaker.

Thanks for your responses.
jimk