I don't have much comment on the functionality you want, seems reasonable
enough...

I do have implementation commentary however:

 * You should not be obtaining a context inside your subtest (specifically
line 18
https://github.com/rjbs/Test-Abortable/blob/master/lib/Test/Abortable.pm#L18).
Obtaining that context means that tests run inside your eval are likely to
report errors to the wrong files+lines. If you need a context that is
within the subtest you should obtain it after your eval.

 *
https://github.com/rjbs/Test-Abortable/blob/master/lib/Test/Abortable.pm#L30
 this should probably be $ctx->throw() which is essentially a die, but it
"aborts" the context so that it is released properly (not the die you use
prevents context->release from being called). Though on second thought,
throw() will append a file+line number to your exception, so you should
probably just add a $ctx->release right before that die. (and on further
reading your second sub asks if release should be done, the answer is yes.

-Chad