Actually at first glance a possible problem is this: You are using 2
functions that are not intended to be interchangeable.

Test::More::subtest() is a tool intended to run a subtest.
Test2::API::run_subtest() is a helper intended to write tools like
'subtest()'.

I would like to see the results when you use
Test2::Tools::Subtest::subtest_streamed() which is the actual equivalent to
Test::More::subtest().

-Chad