--On Wednesday, November 05, 2003 15:44:17 -0600 Jonathan Scott Duff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 04:19:44PM -0500, Esposito, Anthony wrote:
How would you convince someone that programming in Perl is better than
using the UNIX Korn Shell?

I need some 'intellectual ammo' to convince my colleagues that Perl is a
better, more powerful language, to do our scripting.  Any suggestions?
:-)

Legitimate of control structures for one; not having to deal with
intermediate storage to capture the output of sed/awk/grep;
access to OO; the ability to run shell commands if necessary;
compiled language rather than interpreted.

--
Steven Lembark                                            2930 W. Palmer
Workhorse Computing                                    Chicago, IL 60647