G'day everyone,

I have a question for those on the list who run publicly enrolable courses.  How
do you handle your bookings?

At the moment we use a combination of nms-formmail, RT, LaTeX, a wiki and
memory.  It works but is time consuming.  I've done a few web searches but I
haven't found any course booking software which matches what I'm looking for
which has:

        * automatic invoice generation (which I can then edit if I want before
          printing)
        * automatic cover letter and email generation (again editable)
        * various status levels: entered into accounting software, paid,
          processed, payment reminder sent...
        * attendance lists
        * book lists (we give out free books as part of our early bird)
        * customisable reports; particularly ones which estimate course
          profitability, and ones which can be used as reminders to print course
          manuals, order books, confirm facilities etc.

etc.  I'm considering writing my own as a good way to learn either Jifty or
Catalyst, but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone on here had a working solution
already.  It doesn't have to do everything, as long as I can customise it.
Failing that, what would you like to see in such a tool?

        Jacinta

--
   ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
    `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |