I just committed changes to GUI.pm, GUI.xs (and removed GUI_Constants.cpp) to introduce the 'delegation' of constant support in Win32::GUI to Win32::GUI::Constants. Other files change - see the CHANGELOG for details

I'd appreciate it if people can build and what's in CVS and run their current scripts against these changes to see what (if any) change in behaviour you get. I hope none (except perhaps for a few warnings), but I need help to ensure I've covered all the ways people were accessing the constants previously. Additionally I'd like some confidence that I haven't accidentally broken anything elsewhere - everything seems OK here, and all the tests still pass (they didn't with my first attempt, showing the value of having such tests).

You will find that you probably get warnings for the old usage. Before we release this on the unsuspecting masses: (1) Are the warnings too noisy? I.e. do you end up with thousands of the same warning? (2) Are the warnings suitably worded? I.e. is it clear what changes you should be making? (3) Does including "no warnings 'deprecated';" in your script silence the warnings?

As a side affect of this I had to visit the samples folder, and update some of the demos to 'use Win32::GUI()'. In this process I've made each demo script run under strict and warnings; fixed some bug:
- added a bitmap so the SplashScreen demo works
- using FindBin module so that demos that load files can find them even if the the working directory is elsewhere (more on why I want this later) - fixed huge resource leaks in Draw.pl and Region.pl; Added some code to Region.pl to clear the background, it is now a little more obvious what it is doing.
- added some missing constants to Win32::GUI::Constants

Here's hoping it all hangs together for you.
Regards,
Rob.
--
Robert May
Win32::GUI, a perl extension for native Win32 applications