Chris Wearn wrote:
Building latest CVS source with VC++6, WindowsXP Pro SP2, Perl v5.8.7

[snip errors from testing]

OK, so the NotifyIcon constructor is returning undef, now we just need to find out why.

[As an aside, more tests are passing than should, due to the constructor adding information to the parent before it finds out that creation of the notifyicon failed, and then never removing it. This is easily fixed]

Chris,

Can you tell me what this outputs:

perl -MWin32::GUI -e "print $Win32::GUI::NotifyIcon::SHELLDLL_VERSION"

Can you search you header files for shellapi.h, and tell me what values you can find in there for the following constants:

NOTIFYICONDATA_V1_SIZE
NOTIFYICONDATAA_V1_SIZE
NOTIFYICONDATAW_V1_SIZE
NOTIFYICONDATA_V2_SIZE