Arthur Schwarz wrote:
I installed Win32-GUI-1.03_04/ into Activestate Perl using the installation
procedures. No problem. However, there doesn't seem to be anything available to
install Win32-GUI-1.03_04/ into a cygwin environment other than a direct copy
from folder to folder.

The PPM from my site is for ActiveState Perl 5.8 only. A folder-to-folder copy won't give you the cygwin version.

In particular:

No: Makefile.PL
No: ./perl-Win32-GUI-X.XX-X.sh  (1.03_XX)

and when the downloaded zip file is expanded, No: /usr/src/perl-Win32-GUI-X.XX-X.tar.bz2 (1.03_04)
    /usr/src/perl-Win32-GUI-X.XX-X-src.tar.bz2  (1.03_04)

Just a lot of "no, no's". <sigh>.

Those are the instructions for installing using a 'cygwin setup' binary/src distribution that Reini Urbn builds for official releases, and downloadable using the cygwin 'Setup' program. As far as I am aware the latest version available by this mechanism is 1.03.

So, with some Gloom and Doom, what did I misunderstand?

If you want a cygwin build of 1.03_04, then you'll need to build from source. The source is available from the project CVS repository at Sourceforge, and the pre-requsites and instructions are listed in the README file.

Alternatively, if you can wait another week or two, then I'll be making an official 1.04 release, and I'm sure that Reini will follow this with a cygwin binary distribution.

Regards,
Rob.