Steve Loughran wrote:
Left it running for 5 minutes. Checking with process explorer shows no leaks here (on the perl.exe app, or on the system in general) as far as I can tell. ActivePerl 5.8.8, XP Pro.

Steve

Thanks. Unless someone tells me otherwise I'm going to close this bug. (I'm also tempted to make it mandatory to be logged in to sourceforge to create a new bug tracker entry, as there's no submitter information to allow me to contact the original reporter).

Rob.

Robert May wrote:
Tracker 1417288
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1417288&group_id=16572&atid=116572

This bug report claims that the following code leaks memory:

#!perl -w
use strict;
use Win32::GUI;

my ($W,$but);
while (1) {
   $W = new Win32::GUI::Window(
     #-name => "TestWindow",
     -pos => [ 0, 0],
     -size => [210, 200],
     -text => "TestWindow",
   );
   $but=$W->AddButton(
     #-name => "test",
     -text => "Button 1",
     -size => [ 70, 22 ],
     -pos => [ 20, 20 ],
   );
}
__END__

I don't see any leak with Win32::GUI v1.05, perl 5.6.1, 5.8.7, 5.8.8, Win98 or Win2K.

Can anyone reproduce this leak (I'm particularly interested if this is a WinXP thing) or can I close the report?

Regards,
Rob.