The \x26 is a hex escape for & which Windows uses to alert users to the menu selection key.

Why I used \x26 instead of just saying & in that particular example text string probably exceeds the bounds of your curiosity.... it has to do with other tools I use that scan the source code looking for &, and which aren't really smart enough at parsing Perl to figure out if an & is in a comment or a string or whatever.

On approximately 11/14/2003 6:34 AM, came the following characters from
the keyboard of Jonathan Southwick:

Thanks, that worked.  One question though, just because I am curious:

What does the 'x26' do?

Jonathan