Glenn Linderman wrote:

However, the code shown seems like it can't perform a "round trip".

Right. I never implemented the return, as Dan's query was only for getting the text out. I should have change the button label to reflect this.

I haven't yet figured out the magic by which "\u305?" gets translated to a dotless i

That's RTF magic. \u305? is an RFT escape, with the unicode codepoint in decimal. The equivalent in a (interpolated) perl string is \x{0131}

Could it be that one must bypass $re->Text( ... ) also, and use a SendMessage call for that also?

See my recent post with code for doing the return trip, and eliminating the need for the RTF magic.

Regards,
Rob.