Hi!
I've decided to install Win32::GUI on my machine (WinXPHE) via cpan port.
I've compiled perl from source using mingw+dmake and everything pass OK.
BUT...

when I was installing Win32:GUI (1.05) from cpan (using polish mirror) I've noticed two problems:

1. the file GUI.rc (in root install directory) has readonly attribute and installation stops. When I change it to read/write attribute all pass OK. Is it a very small bug or I did something incorrectly?
2. Actually it has passed but not all! I'v got the note:

BUILDENV=mingw  Used build environment is: MSWin32 and MinGW

NOTE: Makefile.PL will add the instruction to use the Resource Compiler to
your Makefile; if you don't want to compile resources with your extension,
call this script with this additional argument:

   perl Makefile.PL USERESOURCE=0

Win32::GUI::AxWindow can only be built using MSVC, not 'gcc',
as it depends on the Microsoft Active Template Library (ATL).
Win32::GUI::AxWindow will be skipped during the current build process.

Writing Makefile for Win32::GUI::Constants - perfect.exe
Writing Makefile for Win32::GUI::Constants

At this time Win32::GUI::DIBitmap cannot be build using gcc.
Win32::GUI::DIBitmap will be skipped during the current build process.

Writing Makefile for Win32::GUI::DropFiles

Win32::GUI::Grid can only be built using MSVC, not 'gcc',
as it requires the MFC framework.
Win32::GUI::Grid will be skipped during the current build process.

Writing Makefile for Win32::GUI::ReleaseNotes
Writing Makefile for Win32::GUI::Scintilla
Writing Makefile for Win32::GUI

My question: is it possible to install these uninstalled modules without installing MSVC and the mentioned libs: ATL and MFC?

wb