Glenn Linderman wrote:
> #3. I've read bunches of Windows API documentation, and have never
> found anything called "sender", "eventargs", or "self".  You must be
> reading stuff at some higher level of abstraction.

http://search.cpan.org/~robertmay/Win32-GUI-1.06/docs/GUI/UserGuide/Read
me.pod

"Win32::GUI is a Win32-platform native graphical user interface toolkit
for perl. Basically, it's an XS implementation of most of the functions
found in user32.dll and gdi32.dll, with an object oriented perl
interface and an event-based dialog model that mimic the functionality
of visual basic."

I was expecting something like Visual Basic (although I prefer C#):

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.control.cl
ick(VS.71).aspx

jez_whit wrote:
> To do this have a look at the UserData method. It allows you to
> associate data to a window. When you use NEM events the first parm is
> the object that the event fired on. Say for example you have a button
> on a form, and you have many instances of that form your even handler
> would look like:
> My $self=shift; #the button object
> My $parent = $self->parent; #the parent window
> My $object = $parent->UserData; #the instance data for the window

I guessed at a solution like that, but didn't see $self in the
documentation for Button_Click():

http://perl-win32-gui.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/docs.cgi?doc=button

Where is this documented?

David