From: "Kevin Marshall" <kejoh...@hotmail.com>
To: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasn...@gmail.com>
Cc: <perl-win32-gui-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2010 1:56 PM
Subject: Re: [perl-win32-gui-users] Win32::GUI Owner Drawn Controls

> Hi Octavian,
>
> Thanks for your comments. It's good to know that you find it useful.
>
> I have been looking into Windows Accessibility to see how it works, and
> it seems that under normal circumstances (i.e. creating GUIs using C++,
> rather than Perl), the custom controls must provide an interface to the
> Accessibility API, which accessibility programs can use to interact with
> the control. Unfortunately, it looks like it is probably beyond the
> scope of the Win32::GUI module.
>
> Perhaps it is something that could be looked into for a separate module.
>
> Other people may have thoughts on the topic.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Kevin.
>
>> Hi Kevin,
>>
>> Congratulations for the program!
>>
>> I have tested it with a screen reader and it works. I added the -dialogui =>
>>  1 option to the $winMain object to be able to use the keyboard for changing
>> the focus.
>>
>> The only problem, which is an important one, is that if I arrow up or down
>> in the list box, the screen reader announces just things like "item 1 of 8,
>> item 2 of 8" and so on, without telling the label of the current item as it
>> should.
>>
>> Do you (or somebody else) have any idea how to add accessibility features
>> (MSAA) to this custom control in order to be as useful as a standard control?
>>
>> Basicly it should also report the labels of the list box items and not just
>> print them.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Octavian

>>> 'N3q8ryccAANPwVVtOwEAAAAAAAAjAAAAAAAAAJASfkEAIRNayxcGoME2nyL7I4JzfZi4oHYg66A8
>>> nm6WsRvMHTne+oX2PHIJM7ayDfdnbZ0DmCN8Mf70re7XhMyBeX4+OafcrXhvLiG669M+EMuzgnG7
>>> JvuHqsUDJQokFWg0SzmcesrNrAHXMApzksKeghHSU1HMZ64/6cXUSTzQaCJdREH7ieEAAACBMweu
>>> D9Uvw85WbCkfSCtBMmjGwE0B4XqeDwoyHBt1/T8r3bH8o1BWWPseZbEvATR9EeL4s4UpAsX59y9L
>>> RF7bndv+H7Dz0pCHk43K2555nX5iAiwmibuV8uDOx83QgHHTqy9AORcPkqPfO6duMlkZ+UYo1t0/
>>> TapX+1Jl1LSaAcpSost05OeRFdSSTWGt3tvzEPzEG8sIrZ+vTlWBzDSQrvvsJkdLC0r63jRJhP2+