Tim,

Thanks for your help!  Your idea did give me a fix for my problem.  Here is
what I did:

## This is my Notify Window
$NotifyWindow = new GUI::Window(
           -title  => "Sending E-mail",
           -left   => 260,
           -top    => 160,
           -width  => 280,
           -height => 100,
           -font   => $F,
           -name   => "Notify",
           -style => WS_SYSMENU,
);

## This is the timer event I added to the window
$timer = $NotifyWindow->AddTimer("NotifyTimer",30000);

## Later I added labels depending on what input they gave
  $notify_l1 = $NotifyWindow->AddLabel(
           -text => "Sending information to $to",
           -left => 10,
           -top  => 20,
  );
  $notify_l2 = $NotifyWindow->AddLabel(
           -text => "from $user, please wait ...",
           -left => 10,
           -top  => 40,
  );

## and displayed the notify window
  $NotifyWindow->Show();
  $NotifyWindow->Dialog();

## and this is where it does its action when the time is up
sub NotifyTimer_Timer {
  $NotifyWindow->PostQuitMessage(-1);
}

Again ... thanks for the help.

Jonathan Southwick                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Technical & Network Services             814-332-2755
Allegheny College
Meadville, PA  16335
***Everything is within walking distance if you've got the time ***