----- Original Message -----
From: Tim Haakenson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 1999 12:00 PM
Subject: [perl-win32-gui] Radio buttons etc.

> I am having some problems, and would appreciate any help.
>
> 1) Is there any way to query the state of a radio button?
>
> 2) Is there any way to set the initial state of a radio button?

Tim,

I have never used radio buttons but am working on solutions to the above
questions.
However I did answer your two other questions.  ;]

> 3) Is there anyway to initially set the selection the drop down portion
> of a combo box?

# this chunk of code was taken from samples in the Win::GUI package
# I looked through the GUI.pm and found that you could do what you were
asking

$CBdropdown =
ndow->AddCombobox(
    -name   => "Dropdown",
    -left   => 10,
    -top    => 180,
    -width  => 250,
    -height => 100,
    -style  => WS_VISIBLE | 2 | WS_NOTIFY,
);
$CBdropdown->InsertItem("item 1");
$CBdropdown->InsertItem("item 2");
$CBdropdown->InsertItem("item 3");

$Status = $Window->AddStatusBar(
    -name => "Status",
    -text => "Win32::GUI Combobox sample",
);

$CBdropdown->Select(0);  ## This is what I added and tested.  It works great.  The
first
                                       ## in your combobox list is given the value of
0 (zero), the rest
                                       ## are numbered sequentially after that so the
second and third
                                       ## items in this example are 1 and 2
respectively.
                                       ## I am no GUI guru, but I hope this helps.

> 4) What is a zero-based index?

A zero-based index refers to an array (or as in the combobox example above, and item)
whose
initial value is zero.  Some arrays begin with their first item being initialized with
a 1 (one).  I have
noticed that Perl works this way with its array structures such as command line
parsing and others.

Jonathan Southwick
                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Technical & Network Services             814-332-2755
Allegheny College
Meadville, PA  16335
***Everything is within walking distance if you've got the time ***