You might look into Win32::setupsup as well.

Christian Lobaugh
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-----Original Message-----
From: Hicks, Matthew [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2000 11:53 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Cc: Poulson, Shawn; Johnson IV, James Matthew;
'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: [perl-win32-gui] Anyone tried using Win32::GUI as MS Visual
Test replacement?

In Windows NT, sometimes there is no scripting alternative to clicking the
mouse in dialog boxes. In these cases I've scripted in MS Visual Test (and
then called the MSVT script from Perl). I'd rather just do it all in Perl.
Worse, since MS sold Visual Test to a 3rd party a couple years back, I've
had trouble getting updates and MSVT v4 doesn't handle newer controls
("cool" bars, etc) very well.

Has anyone seen examples of using the Win32::GUI and/or Win32::API modules
to script mouse and keyboard actions in "unavoidable" dialog boxes?

I believe the two API calls of interest are: FindWindowEx and
SendNotifyMessage.

I was about to start poking around with these myself, then I got lazy and
decided to see if anyone's done it already.

--Matt Hicks