I am trying to create the following behavior in my Perl program and am
having major trouble with external command execution and waiting and
whatnot.  Here is what I would like to occur.

        1. An external "Net Start" command is run to start an NT service.
        2. Simultaneously a tail is run on a logfile to show the output of the
service startup.
        3. The results of the tail are written to a Win32::GUI field or textbox
(something that can scroll automatically but retain a history.
        4. When the service has started successfully or failed the tail stops
running.

Any help would be appreciated.

Adam W. Klaum
[EMAIL PROTECTED]