-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Sagayam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2000 1:30 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [perl-win32-gui] mian dialog and pop up dialog

I create a main dialog window using

new Win32::GUI::DialogBox(

say main dialog

and I have a button in the main dialog wndow and when I click the button I open another dialog window

say pop up dialog

1) I want the pop up dialog to have focus and the user should not be allowed to click on the main dialog untill the pop up dialog window is closed

>>> You probably want to use $dialog->Disable(); to lock out the main dialog Don't forget to $dialog->Enable(); when the user closes the popup.

2) when I close the pop up window then when I click on the button in the main dialog the pop up dialog window doesnt appear again ...why ?

>>> Not sure without seeing your code, but it sounds like a condition exists before that no longer exists after the popup is closed. Not sure what that is, but you may want to examine any $vars that might be incremented, etc, that you might be using.

>>> Pete

chris