On Mon, 12 Mar 2001 15:29:00 -0500, "Smith, Eric - WPAFB/YSXOI"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>This mailman listserve really sucks.

I tend to agree, but in this case MailMan is innocent.

>Please go back to good old reliable majordomo or even lyris.  At their
>worst, they were better than mailman.
>
>I have been on these lists since 1996 and this mailman is proving to be the
>worst.  In addition, am getting a very bad taste for Python from thei sucky
>mailman listeserve.
>
>This latest episode of getting hundreds of messages from last ummer and fall
>is ridiculous.  Yes, several of the second-go-around messages were
>conmplaints about mailman from the initial swap-over.

It looks like RoadRunner (mail.houston.rr.com) has been looping *very* old
mail back to the sender.  If you look at the headers they all contain
something like this:

|Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.5.1877.357.35);
|        Wed, 7 Jun 2000 02:40:04 -0500

It seems to have stopped for now, so I don't think any further actions are
necessary.

If you experience problems with any ActiveState infrastructure (mailing
lists, web servers, FTP servers etc), please don't post to the mailing
lists but send email to one of the standard contact addresses (e.g.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]).  Otherwise it may not be noticed by the people
who are actually in a position to fix things. :-)

-Jan (just back in Vancouver from 2 weeks in good old Germany)