----- Original Message -----
From: Greg Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2001 2:43 PM
Subject: encryption module that works on NT

> Hi,
>     I am looking for a module that is able to be installed on
> Windows NT platform. I have tried CBC with requisites
> DES and MD5, to no avail.These were sourced from CPAN.
>
> I can't get past the problem caused by having a file ending
> in .c
>
> I have looked thru the mailing list but no answers are
> specific enough to help.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?
>
> Regards,
> Greg Wilson,
> Macquarie uni.
> Sydney.

Hi Greg,

Check out the list at:
http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/status.html

Maybe there, in the list of 'Crypt-...' you'll find something you can use.
Install with ppm.

The only problem with Crypt-CBC is it's reliance upon 'Crypt-IDEA' ( which
won't build on Windows ). All other pre-requisites seem to be available via
ppm - though the version of 'Crypt-DES' fails the tests. I ended up building
'Crypt-DES' from CPAN source and that version tested ok. I can (perhaps -
see below) send it to you if you want.
Everything else is available from Active State. 'Crypt-CBC' requires no
compiling and can be installed by copying to the appropriate place.
Just what affect the absence of 'IDEA' would have on the performance of CBC,
I don't know. It may depend on what you are wanting to do.

I can't email you btw ( my ISP's mail server is on a spam hitlist) - unless
you have another email address that is not so particular about where the
email originates.

Cheers,
Rob