Eric Mosley wrote:
> Whats the best way to seed the random number generator on Win2000?

If you're using a Perl version 5.004 or later, nothing.

rand() calls srand() automatically the first time it's used, supplying "a
semi-random value supplied by the kernel (if it supports the /dev/urandom
device) or based on the current time and process ID, among other things".
I'd say that's pretty good without trying to come up with a decent srand()
seed yourself.

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
All opinions are my own, not my employer's.