Jaime Teng wrote:

> I do have a good book on TCP/IP. Problem is,  no Perl samples to follow.
> Its like trying to learn Perl from a Pascal book.

Sockets are sockets.  The bigger problem is on Win32 where you don't have
signals and such.  It forces you into a single method of implementation.
Read the IO::Socket and IO::Select pods and go for it.

> Er.... can anyone provide me with a sample of simple UDP socket
> scripts as a receiver/server and a sender/client?

I started one (TCP that could easily be modified for UDP), but haven't had
time to finish it.  Basically you need to use IO::Select and when you 'can_read'
a socket, you do until you get less bytes back than you asked for.  Then you
In the case of TCP, you would also be checking for circuits to accept.

--
  ,-/-  __      _  _         $Bill Luebkert   ICQ=14439852
 (_/   /  )    // //       DBE Collectibles   http://www.todbe.com/