----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Riehl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 1:00 AM
Subject: PPM Install Problem on Standalone box?

> All - I've got ActiveState 5.6.1 on a Win2k box w/o Internet access.  I
> downloaded the Statistics-Descriptive ppd file from ActiveState and I'm
> trying to install it on the standalone box.  The ppd file is in d:\perl.
>
> >From the command line:
> ppm install d:\perl\Statistics-Descriptive (or .ppd - same error)
>
> I get the following:
>  Can't find unicode character property definition via main->e or e.pl at
> unicode/Is/e.pl line 0.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

I don't know what the error message means - but I'm not sure, from your
post, that you have followed the correct procedure.

What you should have done is:
1) Download Statistics-Descriptive.zip from
http://www.activestate.com/PPMPackages/zips/6xx-builds-only/
and copy the file to the machine in question.

2) Unzip it to some directory - you've chosen d:\perl, which should be ok.

3) 'cd' to d:\perl and enter
ppm install Statistics-Descriptive.ppd

Is that what you have done ?

Hth