----- Original Message -----
From: "Calin Fandango" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I'm trying to build my module (with MSVC 6) and the only thing needed is
to convince the linker that there is (will be) a resolved symbol named "a".

Is that possible? I've always assumed that the compiler is going to need to
see for itself this 'resolved symbol named a' .... rather than take your
word for it that such a symbol can be found when needed in production.(I
don't know ... and have been wrong before.)

I feared that this would lead me out of my depth ... :-)
(If you're lucky, someone else might step in now.)

However, lack of knowledge has not in the past prevented me from making
suggestions or asking questions - and I'm not about to set a precedent. :-)

So you have a header file telling the compiler all about function 'a' ......
is one solution to simply place a copy of the relevant dll in the vc98/bin
folder ? I don't know ... does it then automatically get found ? Or are
additional instructions required to force the compiler to go look ?

What's the procedure you used under Linux ? I would expect that the windows
procedure would be similar (in relation to perl issues).

> I just need to access (from a perl script that uses this module) the "a"
function which is in the C application and thus it is not exported as it
would be when building a lib. (Again, the C application has embedded in it a
perl interpreter which runs scripts that use the above module)

When it comes to perlembed, I think I *must* force myself to set that
precedent I mentioned above :-)

Hope there's something there that helps, though I wouldn't be at all
surprised if there wasn't.

Cheers,
Rob