Hi,
I'm using Win32::API version 0.20, Windows 2000, MSVC++6.0 (Standard
edition). I've tested on 3 different perl's - all of them compiled myself
from ActiveState source.
The 3 builds I've tried it out on are 626 (5.6.1), 633 (5.6.1) and 802
(5.8).
Haven't struck any trouble - apart from floats.
I wonder if you're striking problems because you're using msvc 5.0, as
opposed to 6.0. If you can't compile any of the extensions available from
cpan I'd be guessing that is the problem. Can you successfully build
Digest::MD5 ?

I'm *almost* positive that there's a certain service pack that needs to be
applied to 5.0 for it to work in regard to perl. I'm also *almost* positive
that Jan Dubois would be able to confirm (or negate) that - if you like to
raise the matter with him.

Have your problem perls been built by you (with msvc 5.0) or by
ActiveState(with msvc 6.0) ?

I'll send the dll in a separate email.

Cheers,
Rob