On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Jeff Griffiths wrote:
> Paul Sobey wrote:
>> Just realised if you turn that use into a require Win32::OLE after
>> the threads have been spawned, it works ok. Anyone know why this
>> should be so? I thought I read somewhere that Win32::OLE was
>> threadsafe but it seems not!
>
> Seeing as Jan occasionally mentions that he wuld like to make it
> thread-safe, I doubt somehow that it currently is.

You are right, it is not yet thread-safe.  It is possible that it will
mostly work if it is only loaded within worker threads and no new threads
are created from these worker threads, but there may still be cleanup
issues.

It *is* still on my list, but I can't promise when I'll implement this.

Cheers,
-Jan